Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Make that two...

As a grown up, I have realized that in the course of life I have learned many valuable lessons. Some of them were taught to me by my mom and dad. Some I learned in school and through experience. many I learned from my aunts. Now I am an aunt and my oldest niece recently started kindergarten. I know that they say everything you need to know you learn in kindergarten. I believe that there are many things that one cannot learn in a classroom. These are things that can only be laerned by living. So, for the next year I plan to give some tiny words of wisdom to all of the nieces and nephews in the world; or really to anyone who will listen. They might not work for everybody, and you might not agree with all of them, but each is a rule that I either try to live by, or wish I did.

Eleanore Roosevelt once said that you should do one thing everything everyday that scares you. I think...



# 2 You should make that two...



There are so many things on any given day that are scary. Some of them are small and some of them are life changing. I'm not saying that you should jump off of a cliff everyday, but I definitely think that doing two small things everyday that you wouldn't normally do will help you become stronger. By doing these two small things every day you will begin to conquer your fears and become more comfortable with yourself. Two small things could eventually change your life... or someone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment