Thursday, October 14, 2010

Count your Blessings

As a grown up, I realize that through the course of life I have learned many valuable lessons. Some of them were taught to me by my mom and dad. Some of them I learned in school and through experience. Many of them were taught to me by my aunts. Now, I am an aunt and my oldest niece recently started kindergarten. I know that they say everything you need to know you learn in kindergarten. I disagree. I believe that there are some things that one cannot learn in a classroom. These are lessons that can only be learned in a classroom. So, here it is. A year's worth of life lessons for all the nieces and nephews out there, or really anyone who will listen. You may not agree with all of them and they may not work for everybody, but each is a rule that I either try to live by or wish I did.

# 45 Count your blessings!


My family. My friends. My apartment. My job. Air. Water. A full refrigerator. My nieces. My roommate. My memories. A bed to sleep in. Air conditioning. Heat. Sunshine. Rain. My savings account. Rocky Road Ice cream. Laughter. Experiences. My passport. Travel. Closet full of clothes. Siblings. Parents. Flowers. Cell phone. Computer. Books. Music. The subway. My dog. Photographs. Rainbows. Rain boots. Scarves. Gloves. Income. Education. The right to vote. Forever 21. My Bible. Freedom. Choice. Love. Hot tea. TV. Cable. The Internet. My adventure spirit. Money. Support of loved ones. My health. My mind. Cozy sweaters. Passion. Creativity. The ability to read, to think. Independence. New York City. A best friend. My God Daughter. Things that make me smile. Knowledge. Truth. Emotions. Feeling. Taste. Sight. Hearing.

These are just a few of the many things in life that I am thankful for. I am so blessed and when I stop and think about all of the many wonderful blessings I have, nothing really seems that bad. If we all spent a few moment everyday thinking of our blessings, the day might actually run a little bit more smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment